Sunday, May 06, 2007

05.07.07: Busy Bee Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

It was a fun-filled weekend in Chicago for Mr. mouse and me.

Saturday morning, we slept in until almost 10 o'clock. Then, we started a couple of loads of laundry and had breakfast. It was good to have a weekend at home after a month of traveling. Mr. mouse and I spent some time, to no avail, trying to recreate the roof leak. We had a couple of hypotheses, but none of them panned out. I might have to borrow the pressure washer from a colleague at work to experiment some more.

We headed out to school for the afternoon. There was a get together to celebrate with fellow alumni and say good-bye to one of our close professors. He's moving to another school. I got a chance to catch up with my classmates. Mr. mouse got a chance to catch up with his classmates. And, we went out to dinner with some other alums and one of the program organizers. Life is good.

Sunday, we slept in again. Then, we spent the morning cleaning house, finishing laundry and reading the papers. We met up with a friend and his partner for sushi lunch and a play - The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. We had front row, center seats. And, I had a bit part in the play, unbeknownst to me or anyone in the audience for that matter. It was fun. And, for my reward, I got a pack of m&m's and a shower of popcorn.

I've got an early flight tomorrow morning for work, in case you're wondering why I'm writing tonight.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: