Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mouse Goes to the Gym, Again

Dear Friends and Family,

After taking about two months off from the weight lifting, I did a round of upper body free weights Tuesday. I had a lot more energy after the workout than I did two months ago. I think taking the time off was good for my body. I may have been overworking myself. I felt good yesterday, but today I feel sore. I'll go again this afternoon so that next week won't be so bad. We'll see.

I lost another 0.5 pounds, which is great. I still celebrate every loss, especially after my 6 week plateau. But, honestly, my interests have shifted somewhat from pure weight loss to other aspects of wellness. I've been focusing on removing wheat from my diet, with the exception of my morning cereal, and adding more rice and salad to my lunch and dinner. And, I've said goodbye to grape tomatoes and hello (again) to baby cut carrots. And, I've contemplated removing pork from the diet and adding more fish as well. We'll see.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: