Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Negotiations, Work in Progress

Dear Friends and Family,

I decided to tackle talking to Mr. mouse about my sister. We had a long talk on our drive down from San Francisco to San Jose. I'm not sure we made progress on her specifically.

Mr. mouse is still on the want-nothing-to-do-with-her-ever stance. I'm not sure what my stance is. But, I know I don't like ultimatums. I especially don't like ultimatums on stuff that I think should be mine to decide - like relations with my family. For example, I'd consider it absurd to try to dictate to Mr. mouse what his relations with his Dad should be.

I think this is the real crux of the issue. At least I have it identified now. It's not about my sister. Not really. It's now about how Mr. mouse and I make decisions about stuff we feel strongly about. My sister, unfortunately, is just collateral damage at this point. It's progress, at least in understanding what I'm solving for.

Speaking of my sister... I was on the phone with my cousin last night. She and I have always been close. We're only two months apart and spent a lot of time together growing up. She thinks my sister may have bi-polar disorder. One of her employees did and my cousin thinks, on the surface, that my sister exhibits a lot of the same symptoms. I'll have to do some research to see if I buy that.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: