Monday, May 21, 2007

05.21.07: City by the Bay

Dear Friends and Family,

After several starts and stops, we made it to San Francisco, Saturday morning, on the flight to San Jose. I slept part of the flight and worked the rest. We picked up a minivan, after we landed, and then drove up to our friends' house. They live downtown, a block away from a church that Mr. mouse's stepmother's niece got married in. What a small world.

We headed out to Tiburon for the afternoon for lunch. And, the girls got their fill of walking around downtown before we loaded them back in the car to return home. It was sunny and breezy and relaxing and refreshing to spend time with them. Maybe I was intoxicated by the food coma from Italian, but it just felt heavenly.

It was close to bedtime for the girls by the time we got home, so they were a little cranky and fussy. We all amused them as best we could and then put them down by around 8 o'clock. After which, we uncorked a bottle of wine and caught up everything we'd all been up to since the last time we met. Around 9, we ordered Burmese for dinner. As you can guess, I've got several food write-ups coming up in the near future - Turkish, Italian and Burmese. We all fell asleep shortly thereafter. Guess everyone was a little tired from the day in the sun.

Sunday, Mr. mouse and I got up early to fly back to the mouse pad. We made the early morning flight without a hitch, and through some clever rearranging even ended up sitting next to each other. Score! Mr. mouse slept for most of the flight while I worked on my presentation. I have to say, I got more work done than I would have if we had stayed at home. Nothing like close to eight hours of downtime to catch up on work. We got home, unpacked, did laundry, organized the main floor, cleaned the kitchen and then sat down to a delicious dinner of pork chops and potatoes. Mmm. Mmm. Mmm. Mr. mouse caught up on some TV while I called one of my old girlfriends from old work. It was so good catching up with her. I miss her so much!

So, a weekend that stated off disastrously ended on a high note. We got to see several old friends, Friday and Saturday. We spent a day lazing in the sun. We frittered the night away over some wine. We caught up on work. We caught up on the house. And, I got to reconnect with my girlfriend.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: