Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Monkey Wrench

Dear Friends and Family,

Just when I was beginning to settle into a routine, Mr. mouse told me last night that he will be moving to the downtown office. This has a couple of implications I need to digest.

Mr. mouse drives us both out to his office. Then, I drive the last bit to work. It means I get an extra hour and half of sleep and that my driving is all traffic free, stress free driving. If he moves downtown, I'm on my own commuting.

Mr. mouse will be joining a new department. I know he enjoys his current job. I'm not sure he knows how he feels about the new job. It's something they're asking him to take on, not something he necessarily wants to move to. I'm not sure how it'll all play out, but I've offered up the possibility that if he's unhappy, he can always move or do something different. Also, business in Mr. mouse's world has been okay. But demand has been soft. If they decide to downsize, I could become the single paycheck until he finds something new.

I don't know how it'll all play out. Generally speaking, Mr. mouse has always loved his job and excelled at what he does. So, I'm not used to dealing with hiccups. I know that however it plays out, we'll figure it out as we go along. It's just something to ponder. Will keep you posted.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

well, and then there's that. huh - guess that IS a new twist to consider, but you're right - you'll manage it together and it will work out. hopefully he'll really enjoy it and the only bump will be the commute. but what about you working in the downtown office? do I remember something about that possibility? thinking aloud...hang in there mousie girl. xoxoxox