Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Binge Day Confessions

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday was not a good day for mouse. I had my weigh-in a day early because I was traveling for work and wouldn't have access to a scale today. And, I headed to Kansas City with zero flex points left in the bank.

It all started with the weigh-in. Zero.zero pounds change in the four weeks, since we got back from Korea. Now, I've had lots of compliments on how I look, so I'm feeling good. It's just the number that's refusing to budge. I'd almost be better with it if I had some daily variation which feels more normal. But, again, I think it's a little more complicated than calories in equals calories out. I've read too many people talk about non-linear weight loss and plateaus. There's something more going on here, boys and girls.

So, I'm in Kansas City for some focus groups. That's a setting notorious for food in a city notorious for food. Think of it as trouble squared - a high risk scenario all around. Now, normally, I would have had the will power to make it through the situation. But, I consciously decided to not care for the day. I'm sure I'll be paying for it for awhile, but it was the decision I made. So, last night was the sugar rush feeling. Today is the too much sodium coursing through my veins feeling. Tomorrow will be the still not-hungry gross feeling. And, Thursday, I'll need to face the scale to see what the numerical damage, if any, is.

For all that, I'm strangely okay with it. It's like the people who write about trying to jolt their body out of it. We'll see what next week's weigh-in brings.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: