Monday, January 21, 2008

01.21.08: Blissfully Clean House

Dear Friends and Family,

It was brutally cold this weekend, so there were no temptations to distract us from my mission - to get the house clean and ready for the party. Ah, I cannot describe the bliss of sitting here knowing that each and every room (not including the basement) is both organized and clean, at once. We usually do a rolling cleaning routine, focusing on one room at a time. But, this time, it's the whole house at once. Sigh. I'm so happy.

Saturday, Mr. mouse went shopping with a friend to get some groceries for the party. I stayed home to do some organization. Actually, that was the key to this whole endeavor working - we completely disassociated organization from cleaning. We got the house minus the living room organized on Saturday. Saturday night, we headed out to Chinatown to pick up decorations for the party. And, got another expired registration ticket. It's enough to make a saint cuss.

Sunday, we tackled the papers in the living room. And, we found, of all things, our registration papers that need to be paid on Mr. mouse's car (%^$#@!), an ipod gift card we bought last Christmas that wasn't properly authorized at the story (double %^$#@!) and our house warming gift from our realtor for a local restaurant that has since closed (triple %^$#@!). We also called in for my car fines. I need to fax in some paperwork to show I have the auto-pay device. Fun. Fun. Fun.

I guess that's the hazard of getting organized. It reminds you of the pain of being disorganized. On a positive note, now that we've gotten this far, I hope to quickly bounce back house-wise from the party - give the place a thorough cleaning the weekend after the party. And, then, maintain. And, tackle the basement.

I love a clean house.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: