Friday, January 18, 2008

Electricity Tracking: January 2008

Dear Friends and Family,

electricity usage: 614 kWh

Down from December of last year, up from November of this past year. We spent a week at home between Christmas and New Years enjoying the house and ourselves, so it's only to be expected. And, we installed our NAS which is on 24/7. And, the second fridge is 95% empty now, so it's working super hard to stay cold.

I'm curious to see how 2008 will play out. At a minimum, I want each month to be lower than its corresponding month in 2007. And, in an ideal world, I figure out how to get down to 450 kWh per month.

Countering all of this planning is my realization that I've over complicated my life. I maintain a lot of notes on excel because I'm not a paper all over the house kinda gal. And, I have one spread sheet for cleaning tracking, one for budget tracking, one for ovulation tracking, one for idea tracking, one for weather tracking, one for retirement contributions tracking, one for mortgage tracking, one for when I got sick tracking, and last but not least one for weight tracking. Wow, that's a lot of tracking. That's a lot to stay on top of.

I've decided to stop the madness. Close all of the sheets. Open them as needed. The only one that'll remain open is the budget one. All the rest of them can and will leave the foreground loop. I feel better already.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: