Friday, January 04, 2008

Detox: Day 1

Dear Friends and Family,

Step by step, I'm re-grounding myself in the basics of Weight Watchers to get back to feeling normal after the holidays and the fall, especially the fall. Yesterday, I ate 22 points, all food (vs. "food"), all core foods and it felt amazing. Actually, I was stunned at how thirsty I felt.

Breakfast (2.5 points)
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 cup coffee
  • 5 oz apricots
Lunch (8.5 points)
  • 1.5 cups water
  • 3 oz whole wheat pasta
  • 3 oz chopped tomatoes
  • 3 oz mushrooms
  • 3 oz tuna
  • 3 oz mixed greens
  • 14 grams olive oil
Snack (2 points)
  • 1.5 cups water
  • 1 cup skim milk
Dinner (9 points)
  • 12 fl oz club soda
  • 6 oz brown rice
  • 3 oz roast chicken breast
  • 2 oz roast chicken thigh
  • 4.5 oz napa cabbage
After Dinner Snack (0 points)
  • cinnamon tea
It was a little tricky, getting in all of my fruits and veggies. And, getting in my 60 grams of protein. And, staying on top of my liquid count. But, all-in-all, it was worth it. I shot up to 121.5 on Wednesday with the IV at the hospital and the burger and fries and I was back down to 119.5 this morning. Today, my extra challenge is to repeat the good eating and drinking, but do it all from the fridge and not the freezer and pantry. Our fridge is getting a little too full and needs a little inventory management. Fortunately, there's lots of roast chicken and skim milk for protein.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: