Thursday, January 10, 2008

Action Item #6: Pass on the Red Eye

Dear Friends and Family,

I've been doing this for a couple of months, but haven't had a chance to write about it. I've decided to forgo the free paper every morning. It's available in a little red dispenser and it provided entertainment on my commute and kept me kinda sorta up-to-date in a skewed kinda way. Then, I realized how much paper I was consuming in my morning entertainment consumption and decided to pass on the Red Eye. It was tough the first couple of weeks, but, now, I don't miss it.

2008 Action Plan
  1. 12.20.07: I conducted a power usage audit.
  2. 12.26.07: I donated my VCR.
  3. 12.26.07: I put the Wii and Wii TV on a power strip.
  4. 01.05.08: I put the radio and ipod on a power strip.
  5. 01.05.08: I signed up for paperless bank statements.
  6. 01.07.08: I eliminated my daily morning paper.

Cheers!
mouse

No comments: