Thursday, January 10, 2008

Action Item #5: Sign Up for Paperless Bank Statements

Dear Friends and Family,

This one is a tough one. But, I'm going to try it. Hopefully, it turns out to be less painful in practice than it is in theory. I signed up for paperless bank statements. We can still see everything online. But, I won't get a statement in the mail each month going forward.

I've categorized living green into a couple of buckets to help me think about ways to live better. There's electricity, gas (home), water, paper, gas (car), food, supply chain, and waste. This action item would fit into the paper reduction category. Waste isn't really a category, but it's a important clue. If there's stuff leaving the house as garbage to go into a landfill, how can we prevent it from coming into the house in the first place?

2008 Action Plan
  1. 12.20.07: I conducted a power usage audit.
  2. 12.26.07: I donated my VCR.
  3. 12.26.07: I put the Wii and Wii TV on a power strip.
  4. 01.05.08: I put the radio and ipod on a power strip.
  5. 01.05.08: I signed up for paperless bank statements.

Cheers!
mouse

No comments: