Friday, January 11, 2008

Mr. mouse, My Hero

Dear Friends and Family,

I had my yearly doctor's appointment this morning. And, because they draw blood for cholesterol and glucose measurement, you can't eat from midnight the night before. Well, I drove downtown, and there was no parking. And, I was cold and lost and hungry and well not in good shape. And, falling apart at the seams, I texted Mr. mouse. After a couple of back and forth exchanges, I told him I'd be okay and settled in for the appointment. Always focus on what you can control and let go of what you can't. That's my mantra.

Well, I came out from the appointment and signed up for the lab to get blood drawn. And, there's Mr. mouse. (He has the same doctor, so he knows where it's located.) And, he brought me lunch - chicken Caesar salad, no cheese, no dressing. He picked out the croƻtons and peeled and added an apple. God bless him. Then, he got the car while I had my blood drawn and drove me to the highway entrance - giving me enough time to scarf down my lunch and precluding me from getting lost.

And, this, my friends, is why he occupies an exclusive spot in my heart.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: