Friday, February 01, 2008

02.01.08: Back to Square One, Almost

Dear Friends and Family,

I got a call from the doctor's office yesterday. The test for the genetic disorder came back negative. And, I tested positive for chicken pox anti-bodies. Yeah!

I asked to be transferred over to scheduling so I could schedule my annual exam, as requested during our pre-conception counseling visit. And, there I learned that our doctor doesn't normally schedule appointments on Fridays, my preferred day for scheduling appointments.

What a pain in the @$$. I felt like the pre-conception counseling session was a complete waste of our time and our insurance dollars. Now, I need to have another one with another doctor and it's on my dime. I was so pissed.

And, Mr. mouse's attitude got me going as well. He's like... how many visits can there be? What's the big deal? Can't you do Thursdays? And, I'm like, no, I have a job - a job I enjoy and a job I'm doing well in. I don't want to ef the whole thing up just to have a baby. I don't want to be taking Thursdays off left and right to go to the doctor.

And, there's the crux of this. I feel like I need to make the trade-off between work and baby. And, Mr. mouse doesn't need to. And, it's beginning already. And, we're not even pregnant yet.

And, he's being very laissez faire about the whole thing. I need him to be more excited, more into it, more enthused. Why is it I'm the one doing all the crazy math and tracking and getting frustrated when we're not having sex at the right time of the month? Why is this all on me?

I'm almost ready to call it quits. I'm really not all that jazzed about all of this right now.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: