Monday, February 11, 2008

02.11.08: Quick Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

Before I get started on the weekend, how is it already mid-February?!?! By my count, we're already 12.5% way (give or take a couple of days) through the year. OMG!

Okay. Back to slow ramp on a Monday morning.

Friday, I was working on a big ole doc for work when shazam, blue screen, corrupted file, fraught mouse. What can you do? Open Word. New document. Start from scratch and hope it goes faster the second time round.

Friday night, we met up with my Turkish friends for dinner. They're expecting. And, it was so good seeing them because she's doing amazing. My one colleague at work is getting by. But, it's been a downer watching her. Her pregnancy has zapped a lot of her energy. Well, I gorged on food at dinner; it was so good; it was worth it.

Saturday, I spent the day working more or less. I took a break here and there to do some small errands around the house and give myself a mental break. But, essentially, it was a work day. Oh, and, I also napped around 5 o'clock. I love afternoon naps. After my nap, I had a nice hot cup of coffee to wake up. And, then, I got into a groove and punched out my document. Sent it off. 2 o'clock (in the morning) and it was time for bed. But, it felt so good to be done.

Sunday, I slept in. Blueberry pancakes with maple syrup for breakfast. Yum! Then, I was lazing around and enjoying the sun. But, Mr. mouse was anxious to go out. So, we bundled up (it was 0° outside) and went shopping. We stopped by two camping stores looking for a brush for my Sigg bottles. No luck. (Note to self, buy Sigg stock, short Nalgene stock.) Then, we went to Ann Taylor Loft to try on some new pants. My old pants were getting a little baggy even if my weight's stabilized. So, I decided to try on the 0P pants. They're a little snugger than I'd like in a perfect world. But, they do fit better than my 2P's. And, they were on sale, so I bought two pairs for $80.

We hit the supermarket next. And, on a whim, I threw a packet of corn tortillas in the cart. Got home. Opened the fridge to look at dinner options, and decided to make fish tacos for dinner. Mr. mouse made a quick batter of corn starch, chili powder and beer. He cut up some tilapia, coated it with egg white, tossed it in the batter and then onto a hot pan with a drizzle of canola oil. I diced up some onions and jalapeños, cut some avocado chunks and lime wedges, spooned up some Rotel and some salsa. Mr. mouse heated up the corn tortillas. I cleaned some mixed greens for a side salad. And, voilà, dinner was served. It was so yummy. And, minus the beer which you can sub in club soda, was gluten free, for those of you who track flour intake.

Then, we played a game of Stratego which I completely fumbled. And, a game of Pass the Pigs which I won by sheer luck. And, a game of Golf on the Wii which Mr. mouse won easily. And, last but not least, Practice Bowling, which I lucked out on big time. Then, it was time for bed.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend...glad you got to relax after all the worky-worky. i'm off to buy your floor cleaner this week...can't wait! xoxoxox