Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In the Time of Apricots

Dear Friends and Family,

Our friend who spent some time in Cairo told us a phrase the other day that stuck with me. We had bought some apricots at the grocery store on Saturday. (I've been in love with fresh apricots since our trip to Turkey.) And, he told us about a saying they have in Egypt that I'm sure will lose something in the translation.

In the time of apricots, it means when something happens when the chances of it happening are super slim. He said they have this saying because apricots are available for such a short time period, they're ephemeral. I like that. And, I have to say, I love the apricots I have right now. I've got it on my list to re-stock tonight. They might just become an "it's almost spring" tradition.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: