Thursday, February 14, 2008

Stress Squared

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday morning I was stressed about the winter and my effed-up commute and my new work-assignment-from-hell that goes until the end of March. Today, I get to add two more straws onto the camel's back.

I found out a close colleague and friend is leaving the group. And, it not 100% voluntary. And, she's upset, and in shock, and angry and frustrated and a whole bunch of things. And, she needs a friend. And, I want to be that friend. And, I should be that friend. And, I will be that friend. But, frankly, the timing couldn't suck more.

Because...

Guess who gets to pick up her workload? With zero transition time? Moi, of course. And my old work? Still there. And my new work? Still there. I swear, I may take up smoking at the rate the month is unfolding.

I need to take a moment to regroup and center and not lose it. And, I need to dive deep and find that reservoir of strength I know I can draw from. And, I may need to revisit my Top 3 to make room for work, recognizing that the work-life balance is going to suck for the next 46 days. And, trust me, I'm counting down, every single day.

Fun and games.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

oh mousie - no smoking, please. if i may be so bold, i'd offer that i TOTALLY FUCKING GET IT this week. i blame sun spots or magnetic fields or something. but you're right - you'll do what you need to do. you'll get through all of this because THAT is what you do. persevere, my sister. hang in there and reach out when you need to vent and rail or just need a hug. we've all gotcha, even if we're 500 miles away. xoxoxox