Monday, February 18, 2008

02.18.08: Let's Go Somewhere, Not

Dear Friends and Family,

After a stressful week, we toyed with an impromptu trip to raise our spirits. My trip requirements were: someplace new, sunny, warmer than here, direct flight and hotel points. Unfortunately, such said place didn't exist. It was raining in a good portion of the Western Hemisphere and the places that weren't raining that Mr. mouse came up with were California, New York and London. Frankly, and not to sound spoiled, but I will, I just wasn't that excited.

So, we stayed home. Saturday, we went to the park and the zoo and the outlet mall - all good opportunities to get some sun. Then, Sunday, we ran a couple of errands and bought item #2 of our Christmas gift:

TiVo HD


It has an HD tuner in the box, so we can hook it up to our rabbit ears. We also set up our receiver and our sub woofer and three speakers. So, I'm not sure what this does to our electrical usage. I'm pretty sure it'll go up. I'm not sure by how much. We'll see.

The other thing I did on Sunday was go through an Italian cookbook I had for inspiration. I found a bunch of vegetarian dishes that I want to try now that I've "mastered" polenta. I think next on my list is minestrone soup. With a good hunk of bread and a vegetable dish on the side, it could be a meal. I've focused on bean dishes, like dal, because the vegetable and carb dishes are more familiar. Outside of eggs, milk, soy, and nuts, beans are the easiest form of protein out there if you're looking for meat alternatives.

And, now it's Monday. Let the stress begin.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: