Tuesday, February 12, 2008

02.12.08: Weekly Weigh In

Dear Friends and Family,

weigh in: 121

Wow. I was doing so good until Friday.

Then, I had an ounce of pistachios and we went out for Turkish for dinner. And, our friends were delayed. So, I had a glass of wine (2 points) and waited. And, then got hungry. And, then got famished. So, when the food arrived and it was delicious, I ate. And, then I ate some more. And, then, just in case, I had some extra. And, it was worth it. And, when I got on the scale Saturday morning, I was no worse for the wear.

Then, I worked all day Saturday. And, on Sunday, I wanted a treat. So, I made blueberry pancakes. And, used up a lot of points on carbs. But, again, seemed no worse for the wear when I got on the scale Monday morning.

Then, yesterday, a co-worker and I went out to lunch. And, it was churrascaria-style. And, I ate a reasonable amount. But, when I got home, I had an ounce of almonds and then dinner. And, when all was said and done for the week, I had used my 18 points, and my 5 flex and then 5 additional flex per day. Yikes. No good mouse.

Well, here's my theory. I think the winter's getting to me. There's the lack of light which has always been bad. And, now, with trying to be green, it's cold, all the time. And, I'm just not coping with it well. All of the other "sacrifices" have been rather painless, even the budget. But, the winter thermostat thing, it's killing me. I might have to turn it back up a couple of degrees to make it the last six weeks until spring.

I will do better this week. I must do better this week. I may cheat on the thermostat, if it allows me to do better this week. I can do better this week.

FOOD

almonds, amaretto, banana, blackened catfish, blueberries, blueberry pancakes, bok choy, brown rice, carrots, coffee, dal, fish tacos, mixed greens, nigiri sushi, orange, pistachios, roast chicken, roast potatoes, spicy Korean soup with chicken, egg white and rice noodles, white rice, wine

BORDERLINE

cereal with lactose free milk, homemade sloppy joe, pork fried rice, Churrascaria buffet salad, Churrascaria french fries basket, Churrascaria meats, Spring ice cream sandwich, Spring rice pudding, Spring sorbet, soy cappuccino, Turkish bread, Turkish hummus, Turkish baba ghanoush, Turkish lamachun, Turkish rice pilaf, Turkish kebabs, Turkish baklava, and last but not least, Turkish tavuk gogsu (chicken custard dessert) with Turkish tea

NOT FOOD

chicken sausage, chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, pound cake and pretzels, dark chocolate squares, Edy's Apple Pie Ice Cream, frank and beans, French onion soup, paczki (Polish donut - Mardi Gras tradition of Mr. mouse's from his Motor City days), panettone, Werther's hard candy

Clearly my problems this week were eating out and cleaning out the fridge. Here's to a better week this week.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

i think you're doing great - and you're more than entitled to a warm cozy 6 weeks til spring has sprung...take care of yourself and don't get too wrapped up. focus on feeling well and healthy and not so much on the number on the scale. you're where you need to be - remember how far you've come and embrace it. xoxoxo