Friday, February 08, 2008

My Imperfect Alarm Clock

Dear Friends and Family,

I've had an emotionally and physically exhausting week. Between the lack of sleep and a brutal commute, I've been barely getting by all week and counting the days until the weekend and the promise of sleep.

So, Mr. mouse decided to let me sleep in this morning. On any normal Friday, that wouldn't be a problem. But, today, I have a ton of work to do. And, deeper down, I don't like it when he makes that decision for me. That's not his call to make. I decide when I wake up and when I sleep. Just like I decide what I eat and what I wear. I don't like it when he oversteps his bounds, especially on deciding my wake up time.

It disrupts my morning routine in too many ways - I wake up disjointed, so right off the bat it's no good. I need to rethink my day. Bad. I don't have that relaxed feeling of time in the morning. More bad. The first thing that needs to go is my time for tea and slow waking. Great. The second thing that needs to go is my time for blogging. And, hence you end up with a garbage entry post. And, third, the morning is my time to think grand thoughts and dream big dreams. And, poof, it's gone. And, I'm diving into the day. And, somehow, he did me a favor. Wunderbar.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: