Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Winter Blues II

Dear Friends and Family,

Add to the lack of light and the lack of warmth, a new job assignment from now until March 31 that's high stress. You'd think I'd be dying for spring. Guess what? You'd be right.

But, my friends, that's not enough. My commute has been effed up beyond belief. Here is a log of my last two weeks.

Yesterday, snow, 2 hours and 20 minutes to get home. The day before, COLD COLD COLD, as in 0° with a wind chill of -18° on the train platform COLD. The day before, I worked from home. The day before, accident on highway, 2 hours and 45 minutes to get home. The day before, snow, 2 hours and 30 minutes including an hour wait for the bus. The day before, slow train, fast bus, 40 stranded commuters, I took a cab into work. The day before, snow, as far as I can recall, the commute was okay. The day before, I worked from home. The day before, snow, 3 hours and 15 minutes to get home, after giving up on the bus and then driving in the snow.

So, by my careful count, 1 of my past 7 commutes over the past two weeks has been incident free. OMFG! And, it's supposed to be bad the rest of the week. And, I need to drive for these crap morning meetings. And, that's less sunlight and less sleep and more stress and Fridays in the office and I'm gonna lose it if I'm not careful.

We've seriously toyed with a corporate apartment or an extended stay hotel to put an end to this madness. Mr. mouse can take the train in. And, I can offload a lot of commute stress and just cope with job stress. We'll see how next week goes. But, I for one, am DONE, D-O-N-E, DONE with winter and the cold and the God forsaken snow and the miserable 5-6 hours of my life each day lost to commuting. And, please, please, please, someone, make it spring now, please. I'll be good. I promise.

Each day brings me one day closer to my goal. And, Mr. mouse, he's such a trooper. We'll pull through this one way or another. I've been through worse.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: