Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 12 with Pioneer

Dear Friends and Family,

Girlfriend's transition to daycare is going to be a rude awakening - going from 1:1 care to 4:1 care.

Tuesday morning, Pioneer and I read books in bed followed by fun conversation time. Afterward, I made a mini tent to darken the room and we napped together - Pioneer and her personal pacifier retriever.

She had an off-schedule mid-morning snack. And, then, after a tour of the house in mom's arms, she fell asleep for her morning nap with me in green chair.

Lunch = food, big diaper, giant burp, happy baby. Then, she sat in the swing and watched me eat. The fried rice was only marginally interesting, but the cherries... She followed each one intently. I think it's important to have her watch me eat, to see how we get our nutrition. One day she'll be doing the same, this can get her semi-aware.

We played on the bed more and headed out for an afternoon stroll/nap. The new stroller is an excellent improvement over the old one - how sad we figured this out with three days left to my maternity leave. I guess there'll be plenty of evening strolls with Mr. mouse once I'm back at work, I hope.

We came home for "high tea" which is what we call her afternoon feeding. Then, Pioneer and I headed back out to meet Mr. mouse at the train station. The smile on his face when he realized we had come out was worth the extra effort to go out twice.

We ate dinner and Mr. mouse carried Pioneer home. Bottle. Nap (aka peaceful adult time). Late night snack. Sleep.

She's got it good. We've got it good.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: I forgot to mention the comments still continue on our walks - both directly to us and/or in the background as we walk by: her cuteness, her tiny size and her hair. I'm just part of the entourage.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

awesome - sounds like you guys are having a ball. which stroller did you swap for? xoxox