Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 13 with Pioneer

Dear Friends and Family,

Well, if it were all fun and games every day, why would anyone go back to work?

Pioneer and I had a good nap Wednesday morning. But, it was tough getting her down and I played pacifier retriever for the nap. Her head control's gotten so good now, when you put her down, she assumes it's tummy time and wants to play. Then, you need to hide all of her toys, hold her head and create a mini tent. How is girlfriend going to manage daycare? Or rather, how is daycare going to manage?

It began to unravel after the lunch nap/feeding. She slept in my arms in green chair until 2:30 and then had an unscheduled feed. Then, we played, but she didn't want to go down after her play time. I dosed her with some Maalox at 4 and after her feeding, she did sleep for 30 minutes. Then, it all went downhill in a hurry - squirmy, crying baby until I loaded her up in her stroller to meet Mr. mouse at the train station.

She cried the whole walk over. And, when he picked her up out of the stroller, she fell asleep almost instantly in his arms. We walked to pick up our CSA. Then, he took her on a longer walk while I came home to rest.

She had her bottle at 8 followed by 3 giant burps, 1 dirty diaper and still no sleep. She finally passed out close to 9 on the love seat and we let her sleep there until 3 AM. I slept on the sofa and Mr. mouse took the chair. Sigh.

We gave her a 2 oz topper this morning. Perhaps it's a growth spurt. Perhaps she just needed a topper. It sounds like Mr. mouse is still trying to put her down. I'm going to do my morning routine (short of shower) and then sleep until her next feeding.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: