Monday, December 18, 2006

12.18.06: First Weekend Together

Dear Friends and Family,

Good morning!

As you can see, I'm out of transition and back to the routine. Good to know someone's feeling optimistic this morning.

So, what happened over the weekend? I picked up Mr. mouse at the airport Friday night and we headed out for dinner. We went to a local seafood place and had the cold platter - raw oysters, peel and eat shrimp, seared ahi, half a lobster tail and cerviche. Very yummy. I ordered a cup of soup to start with and we shared a dessert. It felt like a celebration. We headed over to our neighbors for a glass of wine after dinner and then hit the sack (aka the airbed).

Saturday, Mr. mouse packed the last of our stuff while I slept in. I'd been battling the sniffles for a week under the assumption it was dust, but Mr. mouse wanted me to work it out of my system either way before Monday. We flew back Saturday night with the last of the clothes/shoes, the last of the plush friends, the two back-up hard drives and the computer. The mouse house is pretty empty now.

Sunday, I woke up super early with some pretty odd dreams about the upcoming new gig - it was Devil Wears Prada meets I. M. Pei. Weird. Had breakfast and napped for two or three more hours. We hung a couple more pictures and went grocery shopping. Seven o'clock sharp, I tuned in for three hours of Survivor Finale plus Reunion. I miss my TiVo. Ask me, why I'm addicted? It's the organizational behavior major in me that's fascinated by the people aspect of it all. Afterwards, we turned in early so I could get some Zzz's.

And, here I am bright and early, Monday morning. I have time for tea and this entry and then need to be ready to go by 6:15 am. Yep, that's the glorious commute I signed up for. Actually, Mr. mouse is driving me this week, so I can't complain. That way I don't have to tackle new job and new commute in one fell swoop. He's such a trooper.

Happy Monday, everyone.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go mouse go! good luck today; i know you'll knock 'em dead! can't wait to hear more... xoxox