Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Quick Trips Home

Dear Friends and Family,

Just got up. Mr. mouse is snoozing one more time before we start getting ready for our trip back... Rental cars turned out to be in short supply so we got a one day rental from the airport. That means we need to return it by 8AM. Yeah!

So many funny things happened yesterday. We got home. And, my Dad showed us a proclamation he has gotten from the city for some volunteer work he's been doing for the past 20 years. Get this... He has an official appreciation day. I was joking that next year, we need to plan for a parade. How cool would that be? I could drive a float. Mr. mouse could do an inflatable balloon like in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. My Mom and Dad could end the parade waving from a carriage. OMG, I crack myself up.

My parents somehow had the time and energy this year to get a tree. It's a little tree with a little tilt. But, it's cute.

We headed out to pick up my Sister. Then, we headed out to my Mom's church to meet the priest. He's younger than priest I've met before. We had a quick lunch in the church basement and headed off to the nursing home to see my Grandma. She's doing so well! I'm so glad! Her eye sight's gotten a lot better since the operation. And, she's got her wit about her. We opened presents with her and kept her company for the afternoon.

Afterwards, we came back to the house for a couple of hours before meeting up with my Uncle and Aunt for dinner. They're doing well as well. Came home to exchange gifts and spent the rest of the time roasting chestnuts and catching up with my Sister and Mom.

Holidays are good.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: