Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Big Day, Part II

Dear Friends and Family,

Today started out as an ordinary enough day, give the circumstances, but ended up taking an unexpected turn for the different. I went into to work, had my personal training session, stopped by a friend's desk and walked to my desk...

My boss was on the phone and motioned me over. Long story short, HR thought it best if they walk me since I am going to a competitor. At least, in their eyes it's a competitor. How archaic. So, I have the next two weeks off with pay while I prepare for the upcoming transition.

Still in a bit of shellshock. Not sure what to do next. There's a piece of me that's tempted to get on a plane to Hawaii or to go see my grandfather or something. And, there's a piece of me that just wants to chill at home. And, there's a piece of me thinking about going to see Mr. mouse tonight.

Deep breath. One day at a time. Better yet, one hour at a time or one minute at a time might be the way to go here.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: