Saturday, December 09, 2006

Day 4, Moving Day

Dear Friends and Family,

Didn't have time to post this morning. We flew in on the red eye from Vegas. It was a great trip. Sometime in the morning, I found my inner peace. I've turned the corner on all of this and it feels real again.

I accidentally stumbled upon a "spa" treatment Mr. mouse and I partook of while in Orlando. It involved switching back and forth between a really hot pool and a really cold one - kinda like sauna. Well, I drew water for a bath Friday morning and it was scalding hot. Did that stop me? Absolutely not. When I jumped into the shower, I turned the water cold to cool off, and it was like voila. I remember doing this before! So, I spent some time in the cold shower. Jumped back into the hot bath, repeat as necessary. It was so relaxing. I finished it off with yoga relaxation poses. Nice way to start the day.

I went to lunch at Canyon Ranch Cafe. The food is very well composed. I had the crab cakes which tasted delicious without the heavy mayo/greasy taste. Then, I had the portabella mushroom sandwich - another winner in my book. The mushroom was grilled with roasted red peppers which added contrast to the meatiness of the mushroom. And, I finished it off with two oatmeal cookies. $27 for the meal, 9 Weight Watchers points. Would repeat in a heart beat.

I took my walk and then met Mr. mouse for dinner. I'll write more about that at a later date. We went to Nobu. Another place I'd repeat in a heart beat.

We got the truck today. And loaded all of our stuff in it. There's a couple more boxes to pack and we need to load the picture frames. Mr. mouse is napping on the couch for one last time before we sell it. So, I'll give him another half hour before nudging him.

We had dinner with our neighbors again. I'm going to miss them SO much. I wish I could take them with me to our new place. We don't know many of our neighbors there yet, so it's another thing that's changing in my life.

Tomorrow we do the drive and then unload the truck. Fortunately, we hired unloaders, so we won't have to do the heavy lifting. But, we are doing the long drive. I'd better go finish up more stuff...


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: