Friday, December 15, 2006

Day 10, Reality Sinks In

Dear Friends and Family,

Met Trixie for lunch yesterday. Wow. Just what the doctor ordered. I felt so much more relaxed just sitting down with her and chatting. You need good friends.

Shopping on the other hand was a bust. They were out of the blush I needed. And, I shook myself free from the grasp of a cake pan I've been eyeing. Cake pan? Seriously? I don't need a cake pan! I don't make cakes. It's just so cute, and I think it'd be perfect for Baby mouse, who isn't even born yet. And, I've resolved Baby mouse isn't going to have a Wisteria Lane childhood. So, this cake pan, pure 100% clutter.

We then went to drop my car off at the dealer. Lights have been flashing on the dash like they're Christmas lights - first coolant and now oil pressure. What gives?!?! So, they're going to have a look at it. We chatted with my sales guy there who really is a good guy. And, we left to go pick up the rental. I got upgraded to a full size for free. Whee!

Off to happy hour. Not as many people as I first expected, but close friends, so I'm glad. I ended up staying until 10:30 watching two friends play pool. Much better than coming home to the empty house...

So, I get home and all of the furniture is gone, as expected. And, it finally sunk in. I'm leaving. Not sure what's on the agenda for today. But, wow, I start a new job on Monday.


Cheers!
mouse


PS: Trixie gave me the sweetest card: to a new year, a new house, a new job and a new you. That really captured what's going on in my head right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

btw - baby mouse? has the pendulum picked a side to swing towards?

mouse said...

not really, hence no need for the cake pan...