Monday, July 09, 2007

07.09.07: Weekend at Home

Dear Friends and Family,

We had a quiet, productive weekend at home.

Saturday, I woke up early to get my haircut. My beautician had to reschedule my haircut because his close friend died unexpectedly and he needed to attend a wake. How horrible is that? Well, it turns out, his friend was murdered, in Minneapolis, and the investigation is still under way. Stuff like that doesn't happen in Minneapolis. It's a quiet, beautiful place that time and crime forgot. I'm stunned. No new information yet on who or why or anything.

Well, because he opened early to squeeze in my haircut, we had the whole shop to ourselves. The light was filtering in and he chose some really mellow music. And, it was like a private appointment. What a peaceful way to start a Saturday morning. It's just unfortunate the reason he needed to reschedule in the first place.

After breakfast, we headed out for a bike ride. Mr. mouse found a trail so I wouldn't have to spend a lot of time and energy focused on cars and pedestrians and such and could just focus on the bike thing. We did the first leg of it which is about 12 miles in about 2 hours. Frankly, I can run at that pace, so it was more for the getting out and trying it factor than anything else. I was really sore on Sunday - my rear end from the seat and my back, shoulders and hands from figuring out the balance thing. And, I'm still getting my groove on, figuring out things like how to get my foot in the holder thing and figuring out things like how to use the big gear on the left hand side of the bike and lots of other things. But, all in all, I had a lot of fun and look forward to our next excursion. Hopefully, once I figure out all the basics, we can go for longer and faster rides. It'll be fun.

After the bike ride, we stopped by Whole Foods for lunch. I bought a hodge podge of stuff, but ended up eating only half of it. I had shrimp cocktail for a starter and stuffed cabbage for lunch with a flavored iced tea that was 70% organic. What the #$@$! is 70% organic?!?! Whatever. Mr. mouse had a couple of bites of pizza before diving into his chicken panini and lemonade. Guess we were both craving the semi-sweetened drink.

Home. We spent some time cleaning and paying bills before showering and getting ready for dinner. We had reservations for a new place (not new, just new to us) so I'll do a write-up, probably this Wednesday. And, after dinner, we slept on the roof top until Sunday morning when the sun woke us.

Sunday, we went out for Shanghai dumplings (aka soupy dumplings) but the shop we researched wasn't opened when we arrived. We went for dim sum instead, which turned out to be just as good. Then, we spent the afternoon watching another leg of the F1 race. I have to say, it was an exciting race. I'll spare you the blow-by-blow, but, in the end, my guy, Kimi Räikkönen, won! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! We spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning, doing laundry, and cooking dinner (curry chicken with potatoes). Then, we returned a set of lanterns to Target and set up the umbrella on the deck before turning in for the night.

We missed a fun weekend with the neighbors at the cabin, but given how full flight were, I'm glad we weren't cooling our heels this weekend at the airport.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: