Friday, July 20, 2007

Action Item #2: Knowledge is Power

Dear Friends and Family,

Putting myself on an energy consumption plan is really no different than Weight Watchers for the Home. The first thing I am going to do is track my monthly electrical usage. I went back to look at the data. And, since I've moved into the mouse pad, the energy consumption has shot up almost 33% a month. Part of that is we're home more. Part is more dishes. Part is more laundry. Part is I keep the place warmer in the winter.

Our yearly consumption in 2006 was 7,343 kWh with an average consumption of 620 kWh per month. This year, we're averaging 822 kWh per month. Not sure what changes I'll be making, but at least now I'll be able to know if it's impacting our electrical consumption, which, by the way, is the first thing I'm tackling.

2007 Action Plan
  1. 07.20: I pledge to make a difference.
  2. 07.20: I will track my electrical consumption.











Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

green IS good - thanks mouse! i have some work to do as well, little steps are a great place to start. Here's some inspriation?
http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200704/tows_past_20070420.jhtml

xoxoxo