Thursday, July 05, 2007

Clutter Update

Dear Friends and Family,

Don't ask me how I got into the non-morning posting mode. Cause I don't know. Last night I wanted to write, so I did, and this morning, I didn't have anything new to write about, so I didn't. Now, I do. And, I've got a reserved topic for tomorrow morning to get me back on track. Phew. Now we can all go back to worrying about bigger issues at hand, like global warming.

I've been studiously doing my 15 minutes of clean up a day. And, it has, amazingly enough, begun to make a big difference in the house. The living room has maintained itself from last week. And, this week I've been working on the "dining room" or rather that area of our house that is in between the living room and the kitchen. This is an area where clutter knows no bounds. It accumulates and grows and stockpiles and truth-be-told, I believe it breeds upon itself and creates yet more clutter. So, it's been a slow go.

Day 1: I made a small clean area on the coffee table by clearing a pile of papers from it. Day 2: I cleared off the top of a kitchen island/bar we have (with the exception of 5 IKEA wine glasses we're donating, some hardware pieces we need to finish hanging the window treatments, and Mr. mouse's watch which is drying in the sun). Day 3: I cleared off my study table which had become a dumping ground for all sorts of random pieces of paper. Day 4 (today): I sorted through all of those papers from my study table dump yesterday. I only have two more days to dedicate to this area before I need to move on to the kitchen. Clearly, it's work in progress.

What amazes me is that fifteen minutes a day is enough to make visible progress. And, it's just short enough of a period of time that I know I have fifteen minutes to take care of stuff like this. Woot!


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: