Sunday, July 08, 2007

Curry Chicken and Potatoes

Dear Friends and Family,

Not sure how this will go over or how diligent I'll be about it, but I might start posting Mr. mouse's recipes for his fans.

Curry Chicken and Potatoes
  • 2 tsp canola oil
  • 1 large onion
  • 6 slices ginger
  • 8 cloves garlic
  • 2 tbs curry powder
  • 1 chicken or 3 lbs of legs, thighs, or breasts with bone
  • 20 baby potatoes
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • salt
  1. Slice the onion (longitudinally, not rings) and ginger. Crush the garlic.
  2. Cut up the chicken and potatoes into pieces about 2 inches x 2 inches. (If you're not comfortable chopping up the bone, then just cut the meat off the bone and use the whole bone.)
  3. Mix curry powder with water to make a thin paste.
  4. Heat oil over a medium flame. Saute onions, ginger and garlic for about 3 minutes until they are soft.
  5. Add the curry powder/paste to onions, ginger and garlic. Bloom spices in the pot for a couple of minutes.
  6. Add chicken and potatoes. Add chicken broth to cover. Simmer 30 minutes.

Cheers!
mouse & Mr. mouse

1 comment:

Sara said...

I would love to see Mr Mouse's recipes! He's such a good cook and I've loved everything I've eaten. Unfortunately, I'm culinarily (is that a real word) challenged. This recipes looks easy enough I might give it a try!