Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Friends Sushi

Dear Friends and Family,

Trixie and I were nearing the end of our walk on Saturday and checking out food options. And, just as we were walking past Friends Sushi, Trixie asked me if there were any small, decent sushi places nearby. It seemed like fate, so we went in for a try.

I was pleasantly surprised. We ordered four rolls to share - salmon avocado maki, spicy himachi maki, unagi cucumber maki, and shiitake mushroom maki - and two pieces of tamago, one for each of us at the end of the meal. The rolls were all good. The ingredients were fresh. The spicy himachi had just the right amount of spice. The cucumber added a nice crunch contrast to the unagi. Both the salmon and the avocado were buttery and creamy. And, the shiitake mushroom kept it all balanced. I couldn't decide which one I liked the most. They were all good in their own way.

I took a brochure so I could remember the place for the write up. And, on the back of the menu it says September 2007 Grand Opening. Okay.


Overall rating: 8/10

Friends Sushi
710 North Rush Street
Chicago, IL 60611 map it
(312) 787-8998
http://www.friendssushi.com - site not live yet


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: