Monday, July 02, 2007

07.02.07: Hotlanta

Dear Friends and Family,

We flew out Friday evening to visit our friends in Atlanta. I'm always surprised at how short the flight is. I only got about a third of my work done on the flight. It was hot and muggy when we landed Friday night and I was bracing for an entire weekend of heat, but it cooled down and dried up for Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday morning, I got up early to try and finish my work. Then, we headed out to brunch and a trip to the mall. Mr. mouse picked up an 8GB iphone and I got a new pair of Lucky jeans. I'm keeping the jeans. Mr. mouse might return the iphone. It requires a 2 year contract. And, an OS upgrade with another OS upgrade this fall. And, we've just read too much negative press on the speed of the network. Hmmm... We stopped by a grocery store Mr. mouse wanted to see and picked up some food. And, then changed into our swimsuits for a dip in the community pool. Dinner? Korean barbecue. Grilled meats. Yum.

Sunday, I got up early again to try and finish my work. We took the dogs for a walk before it got too hot. And, then, somehow ended up spending the morning watching a Food Network special on Haagen Dazs ice cream. They had a contest to let consumers develop the next flavor. Then they followed their story through marketing, production, consumer research, etc. until a new flavor was launched: Sticky Toffee Pudding. It inspired us to stop by the mall after lunch to share a scoop. It was a winner. And, looking on their website, looks like they have the 2007 contest running now and it's down to three new flavors: blueberry belgian waffle, coco y cacao, and caramelized pear and toasted pecan. Also looks like one of the 2006 runner ups made it into production too... toasted coconut sesame brittle... I'll have to try it one weekend. Okay, enough about ice cream. For lunch, we headed out for burgers and I tried a bison burger and it was good. We came back to the house to watch the F1 race together. And, then, unfortunately, it was time to head back to the airport for our flight home.

Got home in time to spend 15 more minutes on the living room. And turn in early for the night.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: