Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Coalfire Pizza

Dear Friends and Family,

I was craving pizza Sunday night even if it increased the risk that I wouldn't make goal this week. And, I decided I would be willing to forgo goal for a week to maintain a normal life.

I read about Coalfire Pizza in Chicago magazine in an article they did on thin crust pizzas in the Windy City and decided to give it a try. The pizza was excellent. The crust is thin, but still chewy. It's cooked in a coal fire oven so there's a nice char on the bottom and on the crust that I really liked. They're a tad more liberal with their tomato sauce than I would be, but it's not overly salty or tart or sweet, just good tomato flavor.

I'm torn between going back and trying all of the other places in the article. Choices. Choices.


Overall rating: 8/10

Coalfire Pizza
1321 West Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622 map it
(312) 226-2625


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: