Monday, September 10, 2007

09.10.07: Eh, It's Monday

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm struggling with how to summarize the weekend. Friday was a frustrating day. I didn't get nearly as much work done as I thought I would. Mr. mouse came home late. He's been crashing on a presentation for work. I ate dinner without him.

Saturday morning, he told me he'd have to work the weekend. He left for the office for the morning. And, I actually felt liberated. I was looking forward to a day alone. I had my tea. I got a ton of work done. And, I was just getting ready for my afternoon plans (lunch, walk, shopping) when he called. He was headed home. We ate lunch together. Then, I stuck by my guns. I went for my walk, my shopping errands and my return walk. We ate dinner on the deck and I went to bed shortly thereafter.

Sunday morning, he had to take a call from home. Then, we spent some time cleaning and organizing. Then, I went up on the deck in a swimsuit to try to even out a bad farmer's tan. Some success, but there's still some obvious gradations going on. Next, we went to the airport to pick up some tickets for Mr. mouse's dad and to the mall to return some tops and bottoms. We tried a new place for dinner. Then, came home to futz around. I turned in around 10. And, Mr. mouse crashed on the guest bed for the night.

It's Monday, and I'm feeling totally unfulfilled from the weekend. Maybe it was the intrusion of work into the weekend. Although, truth be told, it wasn't much of an intrusion. It was the not knowing, really. I don't know. I'm just feeling kinda eh this morning. I have a yoga class tonight. Maybe it will help.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: