Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sam Won Garden

Dear Friends and Family,

Always game to try a new Korean restaurant. We went for dinner a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the kalbi tang (short rib soup) and Mr. mouse ordered rice with bulgogi (marinated beef). My soup was okay. It needed salt. And, the stock at Pusan Kalbi has a nicer, beefier flavor. Mr. mouse's dish was good. It had a nice crispiness on the rice and nice char on the beef. We got an egg dish that I really like for an appetizer. It too needed salt. Maybe they're targeting older folks who're watching their sodium. If I went again, I'd get the bulgogi rice bowl. But, given the number of restaurant choices, I'm not sure if I'd go again.


Overall rating: 6/10

Sam Won Garden
1249 South Elmhurst Road
Des Plaines, IL 60018 map it
(847) 437-1595


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: