Friday, September 14, 2007

Using my Talents at Work

Dear Friends and Family,

Wow. I'm pooped. Not sure if I have a lot of inspiration this morning. It's Friday. I have a packed day after a packed week. We have a large presentation from 3-5. Then, thankfully, it's the weekend!

I know! I'll give you an update on work. Since, that's what I'm essentially doing right now anyway. I've been at new work almost 9 months already. And, I have to say, I enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would. There are nine people in our department. There was only one person in the department when I interviewed this time last year. We have 2 VPs, 2 directors, 3 managers, 1 analyst and 1 administrative assistant. We get a ton of work done. But, we also laugh a lot and keep it fun. I would consider both of the directors and the other managers to be friends - people I would socialize with outside of work.

If I go back to my Top 5. I'm getting a lot done and that satisfies the achiever in me. I have friends and colleagues at work to scratch my relator itch. My day by day job is strategic and ideation all rolled into one. And, the whole company is struggling with how to be an activator. And, if this is all mumbo jumbo to you, sorry. But, it's becoming clear to me. For now, my job aligns with my strengths and talents. Ah, I have a little more energy to tackle the day.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

great work update - I had forgotten how many of our top 5 are the same...no wonder we get along so well! :) xoxox