Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Maintenance Games

Dear Friends and Family,

weigh in: 118

Clearly I haven't got this maintenance thing figured out. I guess, technically, I'm within the +/- 2 pound boundaries. Although, technically, I'm not. I weighed in at 117.5 this morning. On a positive note, I ate well last week. I ate mostly foods on my good food list. And, I didn't have any incidences when I felt I was eating outside of my control points. I think this is why Weight Watchers works for me. It appeals to the numbers geek in me.

The quandary, what to set for my points limit for this week. For sure my minimum is 22 since this 21 points a day business still ticks me off to no end. I know it's not rational, but neither is their taking away a point. I feel justified on the grounds that 22 points a day was fine for this week's weigh in. Technically, I'm supposed to add 2 points a day since I hit the lower boundary. But, since I'm starting up a new exercise routine, I'm not sure how many things I want to change.

I guess I can up it to 24 points a day and always drop back down to 22 if it doesn't work. I think what I'll do is up it to 24 points a day, but commit to eating nuts for those 2 extra points each day. That way, I'll be adding in a healthy indulgence. Yep, that's what I'll try for the week. 24 points + flex with a minimum of 2 points a day in nuts.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

this sounds like a reasonable solution - I like the nuts thing. always good for you, but feel so "spendy" when you're trying to watch every point. you're in a great position...and remember, your body has an opinion as to what your happy weight is. if you're eating well, feeling good, don't get too excited if you settle in lower than you thought. you'll be fine and your body will guide you. xoxox