Saturday, September 08, 2007

Action Item #6: New Dishwasher

Dear Friends and Family,

I feel like I'm cheating counting this one since we already purchased the new dishwasher before I made the commitment to make a difference. And, we made the purchase for purely selfish reasons and not because the new dishwasher is more environmentally friendly.

But, Mr. mouse says we should count it. 1. It uses less water per cycle so it saves hot water. 2. You can fit more dishes in a load, so we use fewer loads. 3. It has a more efficient dry cycle so it uses less energy. 4. It has a delayed start so we run it at 2 AM when demand for electricity is lower. 5. It has a newer motor that is more efficient. And, last but not least, we run it on the quick wash cycle. There, I think that's it.

2007 Action Plan
  1. 07.20: I pledge to make a difference.
  2. 07.20: I will track my electrical consumption.
  3. 07.20: I will keep the house at 78°+ for the summer.
  4. 08.16: I will unplug the blow dryer.
  5. 09.01: I will try compact fluorescent light bulbs.
  6. 09.02: I will replace the dishwasher.

Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

i totally think the diswasher counts. it's a very good thing, no matter when you bought it. and to you point, it's more about how you USE it that matters. xoxox