Thursday, September 27, 2007

Homeopathic Remedies

Dear Friends and Family,

I wasn't feeling well yesterday morning. It came on all of a sudden after breakfast. I might be on that hormonal roller coaster we all love to ride. That probably explains the anger Tuesday evening as well.

In general, Mr. mouse and I don't take a lot of medicine - probably because, fortunately, we don't need a lot of medicine. If it's prescribed medicine, I take it religiously. If it's OTC, I take it very sparingly. Not to jinx myself here, but my guess is Advil twice a year, cold and/or allergy medicine once every couple of years. Multi-vitamins, daily.

But, when we're not feeling 100%, there are three homeopathic solutions we grew up with that we do avail ourselves to.



Whal Myung Su (for indigestion)

Whal Myung Su - I drink it whenever my stomach doesn't agree with me - indigestion, nausea, queasy, etc. I use the bottles as single serving bottles.



Loquat (for colds)

Loquat - I drink this whenever I catch a cold or fever. Mix about a tablespoon of loquat with a mug of boiling water and drink it like you would hot tea. It's like hot tea and cough syrup and nasal decongestant all rolled into one. It tastes yummy too.



White Flower Oil (for general aches and pains)

White Flower Oil - This is topical. It goes on the skin. Do not drink it. Whenever I'm not feeling well - headache, bellyache, joint ache - Mr. mouse rubs some white flower oil on me. I guess you could just do the body part that's bothering you, but we do a little map across the front of the body - forehead, under the nose (only when it's stuffed), throat, chest, abdomen, lower abdomen. Just rub a couple of drops on each location. A little goes a long way.

Ask me what's in any of these and I'll be honest, I don't know. What I do know is that when I'm not feeling well, they're my first line of defense for 99% of what hits me.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

well holy hell - these are ALL new news to me! make sure we play with these when I come to visit! my upset tummy relieve is swedish bitters. i wonder if it's similar? xoxoxo