Monday, February 05, 2007

02.05.07: Me Time

Dear Friends and Family,

I have like 12 different things to write about, but I'm going to be frugal and spread them out over the next couple of weekdays so I don't run out of topics by Friday morning.

I flew out Saturday morning to visit some friends from old work and the mouse house. We had a reunion of sorts planned for a department I worked at in old work. Trixie, the ever accommodating friend agreed to host the evening of fun and games. But, before heading over to her place for the evening, I had a chance to catch up with my neighbors for the afternoon. We spent the time chatting and going through pictures from last weekend.

Saturday night was a lot of fun. It was about a dozen of us which is perfect for catching up with everyone in more detail than 70+ people allows. And, Frenchie was there! I miss her so much at work! My Weight Watchers inspiration was there, too. And, as always, I'm so inspired by what she's been able to accomplish. And, since I accidentally showed up 2 hours early, I got to hand churn some yummy homemade French vanilla gelato :)

Sunday was a rush of errands before we settled down in front of the TV for the big game. We ate lunch at a local supermarket. We picked up Mr. mouse's car at the dealership. We picked up a salad spinner at Bed Bath and Beyond. We picked up some bananas and lettuce for the week. We dropped off some checks we needed to deposit. We dropped off my car. We picked up a pair of jeans at Plato's Closet. We picked up a baguette and some chips for the game. We folded laundry. We plopped on the couch...

May the games begin! And, I don't mean the big game on TV. I mean, the fun and games the two of us can somehow find our way in without realizing how we ever got there. I wanted to blog last night, but I figured I should spend time with Mr. mouse since I had some very good me time on Saturday. Mr. mouse essentially told me, in a very nasty way, do what I want, he couldn't care less. If spending time with him is such a chore, I should just go log on for the night and...

I felt so under appreciated! I mean, here I was, trying to spend time with him and he just threw it in my face! As a result, he watched the rest of the game by himself and I spent the evening reading and then turning in early. It's a good thing we have a California King bed. Maybe we'll talk about it tonight. Maybe we'll wait. I'm still feeling pretty peeved about it all, so waiting might not be a bad thing.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

grr - transition stuff still. you'll get there. don't let it stew, but choose your battles. hang in there sister.