Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My Fridge

Dear Friends and Family,

I've been waiting for Target to upload an picture of my new fridge to their website. None there yet, so I'll add one later to this post if they decide to add it to their website. We got the fridge a couple of weekends ago during our errand running frenzy. It's 0.5 cubic feet. To put it in perspective, a typical compact refrigerator for a dorm room is 1.7 cubic feet. One of those tall compact refrigerators is 4.5 cubic feet.

The door is just large enough to hold a couple of bottles of soda. The shelves are just the right width, height and depth to hold eight lunch-sized Tupperware containers. Since I bring four for lunch, it's just the right size to make me feel like I have room to spare without making me feel like it's going to attract unwanted facilities attention. I love it.

Speaking of facilities. You're going to get a kick out of this story. I'm 99.9% sure we're not allowed to have small appliances in our cubes. My first fridge was small enough, I brought it in my gym bag one morning. But, this fridge was too large to put in any bag. I could boldly carry it in, but what if one of the guards stopped me and I got put on the watch more carefully list? Hmm... Then, inspiration struck. I wrapped the fridge up in baby shower wrapping paper, put it on a luggage roll cart, and wheeled the puppy into work in plain sight. I figured if they asked me what it was, I would say it was a gift for a baby shower. It worked like a charm. No one stopped me, in fact most of the guards smiled and offered to help me.

Now, I have the most perfect fridge. It's the little things that make me happy.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: