Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bowl & B.B.Q. Korean Barbecue

Dear Friends and Family,

I've been craving bibimbap for the longest time now. We went out last night for Korean, and I finally had a chance to order it. I got the bibimbap. Mr. mouse got the seafood bibimbap and we split the haemul pajun (seafood pancake) for an appetizer. The menu at Bowl & B.B.Q. is more extensive than its small strip mall location implies. And, the owner knew several customers by name. I like that in a place.

Our haemul pajun was stocked with krab, scallions and squid, no shrimp or oysters. And, the bibimbap was a good. Again, liked the mushrooms. It filled a craving, but was pretty standard otherwise. Mr. mouse's bibimbap with the seafood was very similar to my dish, except more seafood substituted for the beef. This is good to remember if I ever decide to work on limiting red meat in my diet.


Overall rating: 7/10

Bowl & B.B.Q. Korean Barbecue
1277 Elmhurst Road
Des Plaines, IL 60018
(847) 758-1277


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: