Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good Signs of Progress

Dear Friends and Family,

Yeah! Our loan modification is complete. Originally, I thought it would take through 4/1 to finish the process, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that our 3/1 payment is for the new amount. This frees up a nice cash flow for other projects and definitely lends a peace of mind to knowing our "rent" is fixed at this new rate for the foreseeable future.

Tomorrow is payday, and I'll be sending the net proceeds to our lovely credit card accounts to get that repayment going - odds and ends from fixing up the mouse house before putting it on the market.

The other thing that I've completed is the 401k rollover from old work. For awhile, I had all of these orphan 401ks. And, it was getting tough to keep track of and monitor all of them much less stay on top of the investment options. And, each time we moved, the change of addresses were getting more and more ridiculous. So, I consolidated them into one spot. Nice mental clutter reduction.

I was pleasantly surprised at my old work 401k. I didn't pay close attention to it last year (bad mouse, bad) and it grew more than I expected. Granted, it could have also shrunk without any oversight. But, hey, I'll take the good news.

The other thing left in to do to finish this process is to set up my 401k at new work. I'll be doing that once I'm eligible.

All good signs of progress.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: