Monday, February 19, 2007

02.19.07: Guests in Town

Dear Friends and Family,

My parents came out this weekend to visit us and to see the mouse pad. They flew in Saturday night and are staying through this evening, hence this morning's post will be a short one. I here my dad shuffling around downstairs.

Saturday, we spent the day getting ready for them, cleaning the house, organizing papers and doing dishes and laundry. We headed out by around 5:30 to pick them up. We did the old pick up pizza on the way home trick - Mr. mouse's favorite way of getting Due pizza without dealing with the wait at the restaurant. And, got home in time to enjoy dinner at a reasonable hour. The trick? We phone in our order and pick it up for take-out. No forty-five minute wait for a table on top of a forty-five minute wait for food. I like eating in for the atmosphere, he's more practical.

Sunday, my mom and I went to mass together. Then, we headed out to see the town. We went to get Italian beef and Chicago-style hot dogs, two venerable food traditions. And, then, we headed down to the Sears Tower since it was such a clear day out. I think my mom enjoyed seeing the city from that vantage point and my dad enjoyed reading all the sign. Gotta love my dad...

We headed out for seafood for dinner. (I'll catch up on all the reviews this week.) And, turned in early for the night. We're headed out to the park today since it's the first day above freezing in the past three weeks. I'm not exaggerating! It's been 22 days since we've gone above freezing which brings us back to the Saturday of our party. I'm uber excited about enjoying the sunshine.

Thank goodness for long weekends :)


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: