Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Look Back at the Past 52 Weeks

Dear Friends and Family,

I started Weight Watchers about year ago. Technically, next Tuesday is my one year anniversary, but today is my 52nd weigh-in and that's more significant to me than the actual anniversary date.

I started under the mantra small changes in your life can mean big changes in your weight. Wow! Is that ever true. 52 weeks, 52 lbs later, I feel like a new person. I really have trouble comprehending it all.

On Sunday, Mr. mouse took my picture holding a 50 lb bag of rice. Now, I know the density of rice and human is different. But, nonetheless, 50 lbs of rice weighs a lot. I can't believe I was carrying that around 24/7.

What's changed in the past year?
  • portion control: 95% of the battle, right here
  • dairy products: two a day is the daily goal
  • fruits and vegetables: love my daily fruit salad and grape tomatoes, getting tired of my baby carrots
  • alcohol: originally was difficult, but no longer is
  • nibbling: hard at new work with chocolate everywhere
  • awareness: reading all of the food labels
Not a whole lot more to write. Gonna go re-read my Weight Watchers materials. Nothing like some refreshers and reminders as I head into year 2.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: