Sunday, February 25, 2007

02.26.07: More Guests in Town

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Sunday night, but I'm doing my weekend update tonight vs. waiting until tomorrow morning. I've got some work left to do for a meeting Monday afternoon and I need the time tomorrow morning to work on slides.

We had more guests in town this weekend. Our neighbors from the mouse house flew out to see us. We love having friends visit us! They flew in Friday night and took the train part way. We drove out, met them at the train station and drove back to the house. We went for sushi for dinner and then turned in for the night.

Saturday, we got a slow start to the day. We ate in for breakfast - a combination of crepes, bacon and fruit. The neighbors have a French student staying with them and her brother is visiting her this weekend. He brought crepes all the way from France. And, they brought some over to share with us. They smelled just like waffle cones. I had mine with powdered sugar and lemon. Mr. mouse had his with Nutella.

Don't ask what we did between breakfast and lunch because I'm not sure I remember all that well. But, we headed out for Italian beef for lunch and then over to the Planetarium for the afternoon. We headed over to Chinatown for dinner. There was a great deal on lobster, so instead of eating out as originally planned, we bought four lobsters and made dinner in. This turned out to be one of the smartest moves ever, since it started snowing/raining pretty badly.

Mr. mouse made the lobster two ways - stir fried and boiled. Both very yummy. To finish off the evening, we figured out our hotel plans for our joint trip to Korea in April. My lame lame lame sister and brother-in-law are bailing on the trip. We'll have fun anyway, so I'm not worried. It just means our neighbors will have a couple of days on their own in Seoul while we spend time with my grandfather. I'm sure we'll figure it out. I can't believe it's only a month away!

Sunday we hustled out of the house to try and beat the crowds at the Bongo Room. No such luck. We missed the last open booth by about 10 seconds and got quoted 30-40 minutes wait time. Ugh! Headed over to another brunch option and had a blast guessing at 80's music. Mr. mouse beat us all hands down.

We came back, showered, hit the PS2 for some fun racing and then headed downtown for Wicked. I loved the show. Definitely recommend it, if you're looking for a fun way to spend a rainy weekend afternoon. Kudos to our neighbor for getting some great seats on short notice. Went out for deep dish pizza for dinner. Then, back to the house for some more PS2 action, the Oscars, and unfortunately for me, some PowerPoint jockeying.

Off to bed since I have three more slides to do tomorrow morning. Our neighbors flight was canceled, so they get to sleep in a couple more hours.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend - can't wait to get all caught up on Wed. glad you're feeling better too - I tried donating at BBY last time and between the bag not filling and then me almost passing out, Wetz nearly had to carry me back upstairs. not a pretty sight. talk soon. xoxox