Friday, February 09, 2007

Overdoing it?

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm really sore today. I recently upped my lifting amounts because I wanted to make sure I wasn't going easy on myself without the discipline of a personal trainer. And, I think it's been counter productive. Yesterday's workout was really rough. I was exhausted by the end of it, and when I'm exhausted my form suffers. I also started later than usual so I was probably low on blood sugar. I might be pushing the envelope too far too quickly. Maybe I am overdoing it?

A couple of thoughts I have on the topic.
  • move my workouts from Tues/Thurs to Mon/Thurs to give my body an extra day of rest between workouts
  • move my workouts to Mon/Wed to take advantage of an afternoon abs class on Wednesdays
  • lower my weight amounts back to the amounts from a week ago and try raising them again later when I have more muscle mass
  • lower my reps for now and focus on cardio
  • lower my reps at lower weights and focus on cardio
  • eat a little extra Wed night and Thurs daytime to give me more sugar
So many options. One calculation I did makes me think I don't need to build any more muscle mass, I just need to lose the last of my excess fat. So, I'm not distraught by the concept of lowering my weight levels. I'll see how Tuesday goes and maybe reevaluate.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: