Friday, February 23, 2007

Okay, Let's Not Do THAT Again

Dear Friends and Family,

Talk about utter disaster. Yesterday could not have gone worse than it did. There was a blood donation drive at work. And, I decided to donate again. The first time went like a charm and it's something that helps remind me I should be grateful for all that I have and give back.

It might have been not having a large enough dinner, it might have been not having a large enough breakfast, it might have been lack of sleep, it might have been stress, it might have been lack of hydration, it might have been a borderline pulse, it might have been a borderline blood pressure, it might have been sheer dumb luck, but I passed out yesterday after giving blood. Not once, not twice, but three times, thank you. Ugh! I even had to have them call a colleague and tell him I was going to miss a meeting.

It gets better. By 5 o'clock, I'm feeling light-headed again. Pretty sure I'm not up to driving home, but need to get my car back to the house for the weekend. I get as far as Mr. mouse's work, barely. And, he's in the middle of a gigantic fire drill and can't leave with me. So, he's annoyed, but drops me off at the airport to take the train home. He goes back to work. I pass out/sleep on the train and make it back to be just a little late for my haircut appointment. I'm thinking... okay... home... day is done... not so fast, mouse...

Mr. mouse has my car keys, which means, Mr. mouse also has my house keys! Reach for the cell phone to call him.... in the car... I call from the salon, and he's still stuck at work... for at least another hour... and then he can come back drop off the keys and head back out. By this point, he's annoyed, I'm annoyed (not at each other, but at the situation) and I think we're both wishing the day would just end. I head to a restaurant for dinner. Mr. mouse picks me up at 10:30, drops me off at home, and heads back out to work for another four hours. I barely make it upstairs before crawling into bed.

I feel much better today. I will try donating again. I'm not going to let one bad attempt scare me. But, if we don't ever have to repeat the comedy of errors from yesterday, it's fine by me. Once was enough, thank you.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: