Monday, October 13, 2008

10.13.08 (Week 10, Day 3): Another Emergency Visit

Dear Friends and Family,

Just when I thought the bleeding was under control, I woke this morning to cramps and fresh (i.e. red) blood. Wonderful.

11AM appointment. Ultrasound showed Pioneer is 2.75 cm crown to rump with a heart beat of 173 beats per minute. We were able to hear the heart beat and walked away with two more pictures.

The nurse told us to continue with the "pelvic rest" (no heavy lifting, no exercising, no intercourse) until the bleeding had stopped for seven days. We've got our first scheduled appointment on Friday. The nurse told us to hang tight until then unless any new symptoms appeared.

Another thing that's curious is my rising blood pressure: 118/78 today. I've never had a triple digit read. One more thing to watch, I guess.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: